CALL FOR PROPOSALS
IRSA Research Support on Regional Economy Resilience
By now most countries around the world are recovering from shocks due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but uncertainties on the quality of this recovery are still high. These are, among others, due to on-going high COVID-19 cases, rapid inflation, energy and food price increases, the potential for recession or at least highly uncertain economic growth; and continuing uncertainties around the war in Ukraine. Indonesia too is facing these uncertainties. Abundant and prevalent disparities in inter-regional development, furthermore, induce much higher uncertainties in some regions compared to the situation in other regions. Paying attention on society condition in each region of the country post the COVID-19 pandemic is necessary, and it is important to support the resilience of regional economies to reduce the overall uncertainty at the national level. To encourage Indonesian academics conducting research on improving the resilience of regional economies post the COVID-19 pandemic, IRSA is organizing this research support program.
The IRSA Research Support on Regional Economy Resilience is in the form of small research grants as much as Rp. 25,000,000 for any good quality research that can potentially produce new knowledge on how to support the resilience of regional economies.
Specific research topics related regional economy resilience, but not limited to:
- Green/blue economy
- Circular economy
- Urban-rural linkage and integration
- Food sovereignty/security
- Energy security
- Sustainable and resilient supply chain
- SMEs in the global value chains (GVC)
- Closed loop agriculture and regional growth
- Digital transformation in agriculture
- Regional cooperation in addressing the threat of inflation
- Digital trade and its challenges
Who can apply?
Indonesian researchers in any science discipline who are willing to present their research findings at the 18th IRSA International Conference in Bogor on 17-18 July 2023.
- Deadline of proposal submissions: 15 March 2023
- Notification of the winner: 5 April 2023
- Presentation of the findings: 17-18 July 2023
- Final paper submissions: 31 August 2023
In preparing your proposal, please use the following (https://bit.ly/IRSA_Research_Support_2023) downloadable form. Submit your proposal via email to heriyaldi(at)unpad.ac.id and cc to devanto(at)ub.ac.id.